System Integrator of the Year
Each year, a panel of Control Engineering and Plant Engineering editors and industry expert judges select the System Integrator of the Year Award winners in three categories (based on the size of the organization). Three general criteria are considered for the selection of winners: business skills, technical competence and customer satisfaction. Winners are then inducted into our System Integrator Hall of Fame.
For the 20th System Integrator of the Year program, Control Engineering and Plant Engineering are looking for the best integrators in the automation business to feature on the cover of the Global System Integrator Report in December 2023.
Nominate for the 2024 System Integrator of the Year beginning June 1, 2023
- Create/update your company’s profile in the Global System Integrator Database
- This database is accessible to Control Engineering’s and Plant Engineering’s global audience throughout China, Europe and North America.
- Nominate your company!
- Access the nomination form beginning Thursday, June 1, 2023; Nominations are due Friday, September 8, 2023.
- Document your company’s level of achievement in each of the following areas, focusing on qualities, strategies, and procedures that differentiate your company from other integrators:
- Business Skills
- What are your company’s written policies that detail financial, human resources, management and other business procedures?
- From which automation vendors or other third parties qualified to assess your business skills does your company hold professional certifications? e.g. International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Control System Integrators Association (CSIA)
- What in-house initiatives are in place to formalize your company’s business procedures?
- Technical Competence
- How many degreed engineers, Professional Engineers, Certified Automation Professionals or other technical personnel with professional credentials does your company employ?
- Please provide a brief success story outlining a difficult automation problem that you were able to solve for a client. What was anything particularly innovative about your solution?
- Provide an example of a successfully completed a project that had previously proven too difficult for the client’s in-house engineers or another system integrator.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Please upload at least two examples of awards or letters of commendation your company has received.
- What are you company’s procedures for tracking customer satisfaction and redressing their grievances?
- Provide up to three (3) references that Control Engineering and Plant Engineering editors may contact in support of your company’s nomination for the 2024 System Integrator of the Year program.
- First name, last name, company name, job title, email address, phone number, relation to your company
- Business Skills
- Upload your documents from Step 3 to the Supporting Materials collection form.
- Access the supporting materials submission form beginning Wednesday, June 1, 2023
- Looking for a PDF copy of the 2023 form for references purposes?
- Supporting materials are due September 15, 2023. DEADLINE EXTENSION NOT AVAILABLE.
- For questions related to this form, contact Amanda McLeman at email@example.com.
For the purposes of this competition, a “system integrator” is a contract engineering firm or an engineering division of a larger company that can design and implement computerized control systems for industrial machinery, manufacturing lines or other automated facilities that produce either a commodity or a finished product. Examples would include automation, control, robotic and test system integrators as well as automation contractors, automated machine builders, multi-disciplinary engineering firms with instrumentation and automation divisions, and product vendors that also offer application engineering services.
A system integrator may or may not provide the automation products required for a particular project but must be capable of integrating both the hardware and the software with the client’s existing facilities. Companies that provide individual elements of an automation project such as consulting, programming, electrical contracting, or panel construction are not considered “system integrators” unless they also offer the remaining services required for a complete turnkey installation.
Past System Integrator of the Year winners: Class of 2023, Class of 2022, and Class of 2021 are not eligible to enter the 2024 System Integrator of the Year program.
For more information about this program, please contact Judy Pinsel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 624-8418.